To upload a beat, please follow the instructions below.
You can also watch the video here How To Upload Individual Tracks
NOTE: Before uploading any Production Tracks, please visit your Licenses & Contracts section to ensure your license(s) are customized to your preference(s) and that the license(s) you wish to have active are enabled.
1. Log into your BeatStars account.
2. Click the "Upload" button at the top left corner. (see screenshot)
3. Next, for new file uploads, select the "Upload New" option. (see screenshot)
NOTE: For any files you previously uploaded, select the "My Uploads" option and skip to step 5
4. If you selected the "Upload New" option, next drag and drop your file(s) in the upload section or click the "Choose Files" button and select your desired file(s) to upload from your device. (see screenshot)
NOTE: If you selected the "My Uploads" option skip to step 5
5. Next, click the "Create Media" button. (see screenshot)
6. Then in the Create page, click the "Create" button under Production Tracks. (see screenshot)
7. Next, click the "Un-Tagged WAV or MP3" button and click the "Select" button next to the applicable WAV or MP3 file you previously uploaded. (see screenshot)
NOTE: Please ensure to wait for the file to fully encode
8. Then click the "Track Stems" button and click the "Upload a .Zip File" button to upload your desired Track Stem file, or provide a direct 3rd party link in the applicable field to where your Track Stem file is hosted. (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: For any production tracks you wish to sell an exclusive license for, or any licenses which reference Track Stems as included, you must upload a Track Stem file or a valid link to the Track Stem file. If you provide a link, it must remain valid at all times and direct your customer to the actual Track Stem file.
9. If you have your own audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat, click the "Tagged MP3" button and click the "Select" button next to the applicable MP3 file you previously uploaded. If you do not have this file, you can disregard this option and skip to the next step. (see screenshot)
IMPORTANT: The Tagged MP3 section is designed to upload an actual audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat which will override our version from your Selling Preferences section. If you do not have an actual audio file with your voice tag already embedded into your beat, please do not upload a file in this section.
10. Next, click the "Upload Artwork" button to upload your track image. (see screenshot)
11. Then fill out all of the required metadata fields, and also any other optional fields you would like for this track. Once all of the required fields are filled out and the tagging is complete, click the "Publish" button. (see screenshot)
NOTE: If you do not wish to publish the track yet, you can click the "Save Draft" button. You will not be able to Publish a track unless all required metadata and files are uploaded.
WAV: 44.1khz, 16-bit or 32-bit, Stereo
MP3: 320kbps, Stereo (Preferred) to 128kbps, Stereo (Minimum)