We recently hired one of the largest music law firms to draft up new base Non-Exclusive and Exclusive template agreements for you to use today. Not only do these agreements protect our producer members, but it also makes sure our artist members are protected as well. To update your licenses to our latest contract templates, please follow the instructions below.
1. Go to My Media > Licenses & Contracts
2. Click the blue "Customize" button next to your existing licenses.
3. Scroll down to the "Full Customization" section and click the red "Reset To Default License Template" (screenshot below)
4. Review the entire agreement and make any custom changes you would like.
IMPORTANT: We highly recommend that you have an attorney review the agreement as well.
5. Click "Save Changes, and every time you sell a beat license these customizations will automatically be applied to each contract.
NOTE: Creating new license agreements automatically defaults to the new template agreements.
DISCLAIMER: BeatStars Inc., doesn’t legally represent producers in the sale of their production music and is only recommending license terms that are normal practice in music industry license transactions. We highly advise each music copyright owner to consult with their independent legal counsel to make sure they are licensing their music in the fashion they desire. BeatStars Inc. is not a law firm.