Producers can now include their collaborators’ writers share of the publishing automatically in the Non-Exclusive agreements and publishing share in the Exclusive agreement. To add publishing percentages for your collaborators, please follow the instructions below.
You can also watch the video here How To Add Collaborators To Tracks on BeatStars
IMPORTANT: Please check the collaborator requirements at the bottom of this page before proceeding.
1. Log in to your BeatStars account.
2. Go to Tracks & Tracklists
3. Click the "Edit" button (resembles a pencil tool) to the right of the track you want to edit.
4. Scroll down to the "Collaborators" section in the track form.
5. Next, click the "Add Collaborator" button. (see screenshot)
6. In the "Find Collaborator" pop-up window, run a search for your collaborator using their "Username" or "Email" affiliated with their BeatStars account. (see screenshot)
7. When you locate the user, click the "Add User" button next to the collaborator you wish to add. (see screenshot)
8. Then set your collaborator's "Role" and "Profit Share" based on your agreed upon terms with your collaborator. (screenshots below)
9. Next click the "Save Changes" button. (screenshots below)
- You must be the "Primary Contributor" to add Collaborators
- Make sure you Follow each other.
- Your Collaborator has to be a BeatStars Registered Member and at least subscribed to a "FREE" Subscription Account
- Needs to have their PayPal Email Address properly Setup
- You can only add up to Five (5) Collaborators per Track
- Primary Contributor can't have a 0% Profit Share
DISCLAIMER: BeatStars Inc., doesn’t legally represent producers in the sale of their productions or music and is only recommending license terms that are normal practice in music industry license transactions. We highly advise each music copyright owner to consult with their independent legal counsel to make sure they are licensing their music in the fashion they desire. BeatStars Inc. is not a law firm.